Welcome to RossRoads

One girl's journey with her first novel.

Monday, September 13, 2010

When life gives you a problem, consult Jane Austen

Problem: You just started dating this boy, I mean just. You walked from the front porch where he asked you out into your mom’s room and she practically has you married to him and moved off to Ray, Wyoming.

Problem #2: One of my friends comes to me the other day with a story: So this boy walks into my class, and I’ve never seen him before in my life, and he’s cute and he starts asking me questions and stuff, and he’s cute, and I just wanted to marry him right then and there. I mean I wanted to text someone and say, “I think I just fell in love.” And I don’t even know his name.

Answer: “A lady’s imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, love to matrimony, in a moment.”

- Pride and Prejudice


Problem: Horrid English assignment in which there is a requirement of eight full length novels, this means over 100 pages each – oh no!

Answer: “The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid!"

- Northanger Abbey


Problem: Your best friend likes a boy who is the sweetest thing ever one day, and makes her cry for hours the next. (I hope you are in high school if this is happening, if you’re out, RUN AWAY!)

Answer: "I cannot think well of a man who sports with any woman’s feelings; and there may often be a great deal more suffered than a stander-by can judge of."

- Mansfield Park

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice...I like!

Post a Comment